Monday, March 1, 2010

Never in a Million

Never in a million years would I think that I would be 32 and acting like a high school freshman with her first boyfriend. Never would I have thought I would be sitting here saying that we met and since then we have only spent one day apart.


On Sunday, February 14th, the dreaded Valentine’s Day, this girl came to terms with being single. I loved being single. I spent the entire weekend alone with my thoughts which mentally put me on the right track again. By Sunday I knew exactly what I wanted from life. I came to the conclusion that if it was God’s will for me to find someone to marry then it would happen, if not, then I was perfectly fine being independent. I was in no way shape or form going to lower my standards of what I wanted from life and from someone I was to spend my life with. I was in the best mental state I had been in since before Gweedo. It was wonderful!


Then it happened…


I met an absolutely wonderful man that I will refer to as Just a Guy (or JAG). I met JAG for coffee…which turned into dinner, which has now turned into one of the best relationships of my life. There was an instant bond and some major chemistry.


I say it over and over, but I believe it to be true that God puts people in my life when I need them. JAG came into my life at the most perfect time. A time when our stories matched so well together, when it would be the best time for us to really connect on a level greater then anyone could imagine. He is closing a chapter in his life that has so many similarities with a chapter that is opening in mine. He has become more then a shoulder through my struggle, he has been come my closest supporter and without sounding cheesy he is on the border of being a best friend.


I know I see you…shaking your head…pulling out your calendar and counting the days. I am not picking out monogrammed towels and doodling “Mrs. Just a Guy” on my notebook paper. I know it is early in game, but I am really hoping (and praying) that this was my last first date. So far so good, sometimes I sit and over analyze how things line up so well. I mean the man does not eat chicken of the bone! HELLO! That screams “He is the one!”


I am giddy, goofy, dorky smitten with him. I am ready to step into this new chapter if it is God’s will for us to do so. I am ready for Just a Guy to be More then Just a Guy.

Update: As of October 30, 2010 I am officially Mrs. JAG!!! He turned out to be way more than Just a Guy, but will always remain JAG here. Here is my first married post - read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!