Friday, April 18, 2014

Jesus Calling = A Smack in the Face just When I Need It.

I know many of you have already read the Jesus Calling devotions by Sarah Young, but I'm normally behind the ball. I received this last year for Christmas and I have been kind of off and on with my devotions. This week I've been on and it has brought me moments where I look around my bedroom and think  am I being watched (which I am you know).

So on Tuesday after a day of Should I go back to work, I read this:

Trust me, and don't be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly. You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher that you and your circumstances...

When you are shaken out of you comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunity. Instead of bemoaning (had to look that word up:  Bemoaning is motivated when pity or grief is over an event that is joined to a consequence) the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge as something new...

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. 
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he
has become my salvation - Isaiah 12:2

So if that wasn't enough for some major conviction, last night was a major slap in the face!

Let me give you some background. I am some what ashamed to say that I've been doing some serious belly aching about not having TLC and Bravo as a part of new cable plan. Along with the fact I cannot get wireless in my craft-room or in the bedroom. I know...I know...

As I went to bed last night after some major whining about the situation and cracked open my devotional to read this:

I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you. 

Don't let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it. Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is how I live in you and work through you. This is the way of Peace. 

You must not be a slave to those stimuli...how many times have we used the stimuli of this world to cope instead of talking to Jesus? I know I am guilty of it. I love to get lost in other people's lives instead of dealing a coping with the issues at hand in my life. 

Needless to say I woke up this morning with a different outlook on how I fill my day. With the busy weekend ahead I plan to pray often and make sure Jesus is with us during all our Easter celebrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!