Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Stay at Home Mom Debate

In a few weeks I will mark my one year anniversary of leaving my full-time job to stay at home with Morgan and Bekah (another full time job). I never thought I'd be having a stay at home mom debate with myself this soon, but this morning as I was unloading the dishwasher I was thinking "should I go back to work?"

I think this was spurred on by two things

First the thought: If we had a second real income (not just my craft and Thirty-One income) then we could do...or we could go...or the girls could have...

Secondly: Yesterday the prior homeowner showed up on my doorstep (an entire blog for another day) and I let her in (I know...). She kept saying "Oh I haven't gotten to that in my new house, but I work". It seemed like every sentence ended with "but I work."

And as she stood there in her work clothes looking all cute I let it affect me probably because I was wearing yoga pants and my hair was in a bun because I hadn't showered. I was holding a crazy baby and looking around the house thinking Why did you have to show up today?

No big lesson from me in the blog entry...I think I am just trying to find my groove. The girls and I need to get out more (somewhere where we don't spend money) and I probably need to shower, get dress and maybe put on some make-up. I prayed to be where I am today and I've done it successfully for a year. This is where I should be...right?

1 comment:

  1. What's right for another mother may not be right for you. Don't be influenced by a brief encounter of some person all dressed up. Focus on what you think is best for you and your family. And keep praying about it.
    Also take a look on Facebook at Rose DiMaggio Costantino. I worked with her several years ago and was blown away when she became a stay at home mom and is homeschooling. She gets out with those 4 kids including a young one and does some marvelous things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!