Monday, July 7, 2014

The Weekend

My Neighbors finally ran out of fireworks. Thank Goodness! They were going strong past midnight on Saturday night, but last night all was quiet on our street - just the way I like it.

It was a semi-busy weekend filled with lots of time in the car and swimming!



On Saturday we dropped Shelby off in Marlin (which is a small town halfway between Houston and Dallas).  She's going to be gone for two weeks and I miss her already! I don't realize how big of a help she actually is to me until she's gone. We will see how her sisters react to her absence also.

On the way back we stopped in a small town called Calvert. I had driven through their quaint downtown so many times, but this is the first time I was able to stop with out the little girls. Matt and I were disappointed that all the cafes were closed on the strip and it seemed there wasn't much life left in the other shops. I'm happy to report I bought nothing, but did come home with a continued fondness of old buildings.

Sunday morning we were up much earlier than normal since Matt was part of the Men's Quartet during both services.

Matt just rolled his eyes I juggled between my phone to video and my cannon. I hear him sing right next to me every Sunday, but this is the first time for him to perform. The excitement was just like having one of my kids in a school performance. I think he was starting to irritated by my "Are you nervous yet?" questioning.

Here is the entire song:

Later in the afternoon he headed to the pool with my friend, Rhonda. The little girls love the water. Morgan spent almost the entire time dunking her face into the water and coming up with a mouth full of water. 

Bekah surprisingly swam with a pool noodle alone (closely monitored by Matt of course).  All of us would love to have a pool of our own, but just are in no mood for the upkeep. 

Last week I worked out five day with my friend, Becky and today I was up at 4:30 for a 5 am class. It feels good to have my exercise scratched off before 6 am. I am sure I will bottom out at some point today, but I am feeling good so far!

I have signed up to work-out 3 days a week for a month. And since I don't want to waste that money by blowing the rest for my day eating M&M's I've decided to get focused! I've also decided to re-vamp SkinnyTart. SkinnyTart was a blog I started when this blog was still called StrawberryTart (so you can see why it's named so). 

I am not going to change the name at this point since I may not post there after my 30 days are up, but my plan is to document the next 30 days of my journey to a healthier me. You can follow along here: http://skinnytart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!