Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8th Grade

8th Grade? Really? Can I have a moment to let it sink in that I not only have an 8th grader, but in a few weeks I'll have a teenager?!? Where has the time gone.

We decided at the end of the school year that we would not continue with online, public school and Shelby would go back to a regular brink and mortar public school. Even though the experience was good and it was a great bonding time for Shelby and I, we found it just wasn't for us.

I took Shelby last week to get her schedule, find her locker and have a look around her new school. It's huge. Lots of halls, lots or classes and tons of kids.

I restrained myself from walking up to everyone we saw and say "This is Shelby. She's new this year. She's really sweet. Will you be her friend?" I've been in her shoes more times then I'd like to count. Moving schools in Junior High and High School stinks, but I survived and she will, too.

Shelby got to start school at day later than everyone else because she spent Sunday night in North Texas at the One Direction concert with her stepmother.


She had a blast! She wouldn't stop talking about it yesterday.

So, today she was a bit tired, moving slow and had some attitude, so here is the first picture I got this morning.

I made her smile before we would leave...still not great, but at least I have the picture.

And course...let's look back at how much she's grown.

Kindergarten

1st Grade

2nd Grade

3rd grade. I wish she was always this excited on the 1st day!

4th Grade

5th Grade

6th Grade

7th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!