Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Her Faith Radiates Like a Convection Oven

Last night Shelby completed her Faith Statement Interview. This is part of the process she goes through to be confirmed. I was hoping to provide you with a link that would give you a concise explanation of what it means to be confirmed, but that does not seem to be an easy task. I will explain more in a later post. 

Tonight, Shelby had to read her faith statement in front of our Pastor, our Family Life Minister and an Elder. As you may know our Pastor is Shelby’s grandfather (grandad), so this added a level of nervousness. 

I took this video before her meeting. 


Reading though her statement one last time. 


This is Shelby’s faith statement:

Hi my name is Shelby and this is my Faith Statement. 

I believe that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins. I believe that God has created this earth for our living bodies that he has created to live on this world that is full of sins but a the same time full of Christianity. 

I believe that Jesus Christ is the true God and true man, who came down to earth to share the gospel of the Lord (she typed lord). I also believe that Jesus was the son of the Virgin Mary. 

I believe that the Holy Spirit lives in me and I experience  him through my convections (oh yeah she typed and said it - see the video below). 

My baptism means to me that I have been accepted into God’s family and when Jesus said “Go make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you alway to the very end in age.” (Matthew 29:19-20) These instructions are saying that Jesus has commanded us to make disciples of all nations. 

When I think of Holy Communion I think to the times I am kneeling at the communion rail and thinking about how Jesus’ death gave us forgiveness and how the next day he was on that cross and died because of our sins. 

A person who is preparing themselves to receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ should think about their sins and how God forgave us for this sins that put him on that cross. 

My Mom, Dana, has a positive influence on my faith, ever since she has been married to my stepdad, Matt, she has just been more involved with her faith, and I know that may seem like she was a bad mom before she was married to Matt but she really wasn’t. She was a Godly person and we went to church but at some times we were not on the same path as God, it’s like we were on two separate paths. As she continues to write about her faith and how it impacted her life I see that I want to see God as she sees God. I want to talk to God every day and see what he has in store for me! 

I intended to grow my faith by getting involved with the church and share the message of Jesus’ love and forgiveness with people who have not heard it before. 

Looking into the future 10, 20 or 50 years from now I see myself still going to church and going around to sharing the word of the Lord everywhere I go to people who come my way and need a better understanding of God and who he is and what he has done. 

I want to be confirmed because I have learned a lot about God these past 3 years which I would love to take all this knowledge that I know about him and share the impact that my relationship with him that had on my life. 

So a few run-ons, some typos, but a pretty perfect confession of her faith. She kind of sounds like me, huh? I guess she is hearing me when I speak. 

Afterwards, we did a follow-up video and you can tell that the stress was gone. Pay close attention to my crazy daughter’s face! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!