Thursday, April 9, 2015

Scheduling

In June I wrote a blog called schedules you can find here: http://danaraeb.blogspot.com/2014/06/schedules.html. I am so glad that I went back and found it because I was about to start this blog with the same sentence, “If you are new here you may not know.”

So you may know or you may not know that I have ADD. It’s something I’ve battled my entire life and I am telling you it’s real. I’ve been unmedicated for over a year and it’s not been easy. 

I wrote the blog above in an effort to get my housework in order, but I realized recently that I need to go a step further and actually try to schedule out my day. 

Here is what I’ve been working on, the schedule that I’ve drafted so far for my day. Even though I wrote this down on Tuesday, I have yet to stick to it - ha! 


5:30 am

This is when my alarm goes off. I admit I hit snooze often, but by 5:45 am I am up putting together Matt’s lunch for work and making coffee. Just call me June, but this is just a little something that I can do for him since he does drive an hour to work each morning. 


6 am to 7 am

I used to make Matt’s lunch and coffee then back in bed until 7, but lately I am trying to use the time for devotions or to shower, but I still might sleep sometimes. Bekah still gets up around 4 am (I have NO clue why!) and it makes 5:30 am seem really really early. I also have to say I LOVE our bed. If I even sit on it in the middle of the day I want to take a nap. 


7 am to 7:30 am

I wake up the Littles and throw some clothes on them, then we take Shelby to school. I cannot wait for Summer because some morning this 30 minutes can be so stressful! 


7:30 am to 9 am

We get home, I make breakfast and let them play while I start some of my daily cleaning or laundry. Some days we drop Shelby off and then run the to grocery store which is much more manageable early on a weekday. 


9 am to 11 am

This is the area that I so need to focus on. It’s so easy for me to get stuck in front of the computer. Like yesterday, I wrote my post and then spent a good 3 hours online mostly coming down from the feelings of sharing my story. I like to get lost in YouTube videos (more on that tomorrow) while the girls play. 

My plans for these two hours are to get out of the house EVERYDAY! We can run errands, walk to the park, hangout at the lake or even in our backyard. Just get out of the house and get some sunlight! 

Hanging out by our local lake





11 am to 12 pm

Once we get back it’s time for lunch then probably swapping out laundry. Am I the only one who forgets it in there so I wind up doing double loads? 


12 pm to 2 pm

During this time the girls are supposed to sleep which happens some of the time. Sometimes Bekah finally goes to sleep like 10 minutes before we have to leave to go get Shelby. 

I hope to use these two hours doing my daily cleaning because the playroom is so much easier to clean when they are asleep - all of my house is easier to clean without toddler help. I also want to carve out at least an hour to write. I just really don’t want to get sucked into TV or YouTube. Man, that YouTube…it’s gotten bad lately. 


2 pm

At 2 pm I have to get the girls up and get in the car to get to Shelby’s school hopefully before 2:15 pm. If you get there any later then you are way in the back of the line which is on a major road and it just stinks. I can’t read and I can’t get on my phone. 


2:30 pm to 3 pm

Shelby gets out of school at 2:30 pm. Sometimes I am nice and we stop for Sonic Happy Hour (sometimes). 


3 pm to 5 pm

So many things can happen during these two hours. I will more than likely need to finish cleaning, fold laundry, help Shelby with homework. I hope to have the littles play outside again. I am trying to get them out as much as possible before it gets too hot and the mosquitos drag you off. 

5 pm

Start Dinner


5 pm to 8:30 pm

Pretty much open time. I cook, eat, spend time with the girls. I spend time with Matt. Many weeks I have at least one meeting at church or another service activity going on. 



8:30 pm to 9 pm

Bath and bed time for the Littles. We try to always read to them and pray every night. 


9 pm on

This time needs to be used to read, but I usually zone out on social media and then go to sleep when Matt is ready. 


So there you have it. I really hope I can stick to it somewhat - I don’t think it’s that strict or too much off what I normally do, I just have to get away from the computer. 


Do you schedule your day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!