Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What’s Up Wednesday: Link-Up



So, I am trying something new today and linking up with Mel, Shaeffer & Shay this morning for What’s Up Wednesday! 



I really wish I was more prepared this month, but I feel like if I don’t bite the bullet then I will never do this, so here we go. Can I also say that, yes, I know I have a wonder cannon camera? Yes, I need to use it more, but I really have hardly any pictures to go with this post - sorry for the boredom this may cause you. 

What We’re Eating This Week

I am happy to report that I am back to meal planning! Shelby requested a special meal Sunday night before school: Barbecue Sausage, Macaroni & Cheese and Mashed Potatoes…I did throw in an actual vegetable so that I wasn’t a completely terrible mom. 

On Monday we tried this:





It was a big hit and has been put on the “repeat” list. 

What I am reminiscing about?

That’s easy. I am reminiscing about this girl and how fast we’ve gone from kindergarten to being a Freshman in High School. I wrote a good tear jerker about it on Monday: http://danaraeb.blogspot.com/2015/08/believe-moms-when-they-say.html 



What am I Loving?

Periscope! 

I have had this app for awhile now, but have only done one sad periscope myself on the way to College Station with Shelby. I am loving seeing people like Jon Acuff on periscope. I always make sure to have paper and pen close by to jot down tidbits of knowledge since I am in the process (kind of) of putting my story into book form. 



I am also loving the scopes that Edie Wadsworth (lifeingrace) has been doing! Yesterday, she took us through her favorites books (again, note taking like crazy). 




What We’ve Been Up To

Well, last Friday our 4-hour (2-hours each way) trip that we normally take to drop Shelby off halfway to North Texas turned into a 25-hour trip after a blow-out somewhere between College Station and Reagan, TX. Just imagine open country road, no cellphone service and the closest living thing was a pasture of cows. Thank goodness Matt was with me, but we had to hobble to Waco for the night since my donut (hate those things - the tire, not the food) had a crack. One good thing, though: you can’t got to Waco without visiting Magnolia Market! I rushed in, grabbed what I needed and rushed out because, hello, I had no make-up or hair products with me and looked like a serious hot mess!  



What I’m Dreading

I hate to say I am kind of dreading the busy season that is coming up. School has started, Bekah has started dance, Matt and I start leading Bible Study on Sunday and we are about to get into Birthday Season at our house. 

What I’m Working On

As I mentioned early I am starting the thinking process of putting my writing into a book or manuscript. It’s nerve wracking and I’ve been battling the negative feelings that I am really not talented enough for this. I spent yesterday researching writing guidelines and deadlines to submit articles/essays because I think that is my first step. With all of this, I’ve done a ton of praying. 

What I am Excited About

Bekah and I started planning her birthday party - A Super Hero Party! I am so excited! I have to say she is excited about the idea of presents and runs in while I am writing to say “Can you put (blank) on my list?” She means her amazon wish list that is growing by the day - hey, it’s better than her asking me to buy them now - which is what she was doing last week. 

What I am Watching/Reading

While on our little adventure in the hotel overnight there was hardly anything child friendly television, so we watched Animal Planet and I have to say that I have fallen in love with Treehouse Masters (but still do not know what it has to do with animals). Have you seen it?




Last night I watch Miss Potter for the first time and fell in love. I have adored Beatrix Potter’s work since my great aunt Mary gave me one of her books when I was very young. I am not sure why I had not know about this movie before. I love anything from the late 1800’s/early 1900’s and this movie did not disappoint. The set and costume design were amazing! 





This week I was sent a copy of It’s Good to Be Queen by Liz Curtis Higgs to review*. I absolutely adore Liz and so far this book is displays her typical writing. She does an amazing job describing characters and settings, so much so that you feel like you are on the camel with the Queen of Sheba. Did you know that camels only walk as fast as humans do, so really it was just a place to sit, they didn’t get you to your destination any faster?



What I’m Listening To

I am a pandora fanatic and mainly listen to a Hillsong Worship channel. This song came on as I was writing this post. 


What I am Wearing

Yikes, Yoga pants and t-shirts still. I know, I know, I will eventually get back into actually getting dressed. 

What I am Doing This Weekend

Absolutely nothing if I can help it! I know we need to pick up some new school supplies and my in-laws are moving into their new home, so we will be leaving the house some. After last week, though, we really need some serious down time. 

What I’m Look Forward to Next Month 

September starts our birthday season. Matt’s birthday is on the 9th and Shelby will be 14 on the 13th (cry). 

What Else is New


This girl started High School this Week! Have I mentioned that? That I have a high schooler? At least I still have my two toddlers, so I can still pretended that I am in my 20s, right?



Favorite Back to School Tradition

I really wish we had a really neat one, but really our tradition is just cookies after the first day and this year we swapped that for Red Velvet Cake which is sitting, barely eaten, in my kitchen. Maybe, next year. 


*Liz Curtis Higgs books was received through http://www.bloggingforbooks.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!