Thursday, October 1, 2015

Just Show Up - Kara's Continued Blessings

I started my day by watching a video that Kara put out the day her second book was released, you can find it here: https://vimeo.com/107710911 

This may not have been the best thing for me to do since I have been really trying to not cry, lately. I do everything I can to move my focus from the things that will make me cry because it just exhausts me. I felt I needed to hear Kara’s voice day, the day for her third book release. It is such a bitter sweet day. I posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that I have never been so excited and so emotional over a book release. I delayed purchasing the book because I was afraid that it would just add to the sadness in my heart, in my life - it would add to the battle I am fighting against my sadness. (There is update on me below)

If by some chance you are new to my blog (or you skim and miss things) there were two women that the Holy Spirit worked through during the time I decided to tell my story. One of those women was Kara Tippetts. Sadly, I will never be able to tell Kara what she has done for me, how one talk almost 10 months ago changed everything. At least I will not be able to share my thankfulness with her on this side of Heaven. 

Even after Kara’s passing she is still blessing so many people and today we get blessed by her words, again, with the release of her third book, Just Show Up. 



Here is a snippet of the overview from Jill Lynn Buteyn’s website. She is Kara’s sweet friend that wrote this book along side her. 

In Just Show Up, Kara and her close friend, Jill Lynn Buteyn, write about what friendship looks like in the midst of changing life seasons, loads of laundry, and even cancer. Whether you are eager to be present to someone going through a difficult time or simply want inspiration for pursuing friends in a new way, this eloquent and practical book explores the gift of silence, the art of receiving, and what it means to just show up. {http://jill-lynn.com/books/just-show-up/}

I encourage you to read this book and to share this book with others. Just as I encourage you to “meet” Kara if you haven’t yet. She has a beautiful friend who is keeping her legacy going on her blog: www.mundanefaithfulness.com

I hope her words bless you as much as they have blessed me. 

Today, I am praying for Jill. I am also praying for Jason today and four their four children. I am quite sure this is just as bitter sweet for them. 



Just a quick update on me: I am fighting. I am fighting the devil’s foothold, the sadness, the anger - it will not win. I am taking the steps to get healthier, to heal, and to continue to share my story. I may be sitting in a time of sadness, but my fire is still burning - the fire to share God’s amazing grace with other women, to help my sisters who are waging the same war as I am. Thank you for those who have checked on me and that you for your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!