Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Oh So Thankful

Every year around this time I see daily posts on Facebook that document what someone is thankful for this month and then I always see these:






So, I refrain from the 30 days of thankfulness, not because I am not thankful for all the blessings in my life and not that I care what other people think of me (well not too much). Let’s be honest - I have ADD (seriously and for true) and have a HORRIBLE issue with not completing things (but please don’t tell that to my employer because I may have checked that box that says “completes all tasks assigned to me”). 

The last few days, though, have really led me to lift my hands up the to Lord and say “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” So, I feel like I really want to share some of my thankfulness as we get through the next few days. Please note though, I may write this post and be missing until next week because, again, I have an issue with the follow through. 

Today I am thankful for the community that God has placed me in - for my friends (old and new). 

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other’s gold. A circle’s round, it has no end - that’s how long I want to be your friend.

Sorry, my mind lunges into song most of the time. 

As I moved last year from North Texas to Houston I thought I would never have relationships like I had with my girlfriends in North Texas. And part of that thought process is so true - the relationships I have in North Texas are so unique and can never been replaced, but God opened a door and gave me additional, new, deep relationships with women. That is what I am thankful for today. 

I am thankful to feel so at home, so comfortable, so loved and so free to be me (every broken edge) in my community. I am thankful for open homes, free flowing tears and warm embraces that we share. I am thankful for the realness, transparency and grace that these women poor out. 

I am also thankful for the wise (because hey they married amazing women) husband’s of these women. The strong leaders of our families, the brave men who put up with our craziness and pass boxes of Kleenexes around the room as we cry for each other. 


It really is crazy how God masterminds our relationships, giving us just what we need, just when we need it . I am so thankful for his timing. I love you my dear friends! 

And just because:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I love hearing from you, please leave comments below!